In today’s digital world with everything at your fingertips, is there still a need for a professional travel advisor when booking your vacation? Travel advisors and agencies are more in demand than ever when it comes to booking travel for individuals, families and groups. With so many choices it can quickly become overwhelming when reading reviews and feedback from someone else’s trip. Every trip is different and we all know that we all have different opinions. Your travel advisor takes the time to get to know you and can make customized suggestions to give you the vacation of your dreams.
- Saves Time and Stress - Your travel advisor does the work for you, saving you valuable time along with the headaches of scouring the Internet for travel deals. Your advisor understands complex travel codes and internet jargon and knows how to make sense of it for you. Plus, you're more likely to look forward to your trip when you haven't been left disenchanted with the planning process.
- Personal Attention - Travel advisors take pride in helping make your trip one-of-a-kind. When using online booking sites, you never know who to contact or where to go for guidance. From the planning stages until you return, you have someone by your side just a phone call away.
- Travel Expert - Just as you might use a financial planner, an interior designer, or personal shopper, it makes sense to entrust your most valuable asset – your time – to an experienced travel advisor. The best advisors spend a lot of time on the road themselves – scouting out hotels, deepening relationships with tour guides, and finding the best restaurants and things to do. In addition to being well-informed about destinations around the globe and having visited many themselves, advisors can offer travel tips to help you along the way, whether revealing airport hacks or the best off-the-beaten-path restaurants in your destination.
- Professional Advice with Unbiased Recommendations - Your advisor ensures you get where you want to go, when you want to go, and is there to provide timely, insightful, professional guidance along the way. Travel advisors work for their clients, not for a travel supplier. Let the advisor do the work for you – they’ll filter your options and provide only the recommendations that make the most sense for you.
- Group and Family Travel – Travel advisors are experienced in vacation planning for multiple ages and people. Advisors take out the “complicated” so you can enjoy the vacation, from planning until you return home.
- There from Start to Finish = Customer Advocacy - Using a travel advisor provides you with unparalleled peace of mind as advisors are available to assist clients before, during and after their trip. Issues are bound to pop up, and your travel advisor is your personal help line and “fixer” who knows how to quickly turn things around for the better. Your advisor will be an invaluable resource with the ability to advocate on your behalf. Plus, many advisors are part of a larger industry group that carries a lot of clout. They'll also welcome any feedback you may offer when you return.
- Elevate your Travel Experiences – Your travel advisor can secure special benefits that you can’t get on your own, such as complimentary breakfast, spa credits, and upgrades at hotels. But they also see the nuances in every trip. From big-picture aspects (where to go – and when) to the details that matter (booking the hotel rooms with the best views or where to get the most authentic pizza on the Amalfi Coast), your travel advisor knows how to plan a customized and memorable trip.
I hope you see, when you work with a travel advisor the benefits can change your trip from just another vacation to the trip of a lifetime. Many travel advisors work remotely and are just a quick email, text or phone call away.
Don’t get overwhelmed with the details. Let me help you navigate your next vacation and take your experience from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
Amy Jones is the founder of Amy Jones Travel and resides in Rock Hill, SC. While Amy has not been everywhere – it is on her list! She loves to travel and discover new places always looking for hidden gems and experiences with her clients in mind. She enjoys planning customized itineraries to Europe, the Caribbean along with River and Ocean cruises. Her most recent travels include a River Cruise during the Christmas Markets in Germany and a very relaxing trip to Turks and Caicos. She can be reached at (803) 493-3431, in-person or via email amy@AmyJonesTravel.com. Visit her website at http://www.amyjonestravel.com